Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wear Test: Zoya Nyx

I finally saw Frozen tonight!  It was super cute, so I can see why a ton of people loved it.  Tonight's polish reminds me a bit of Frozen, and since it's been a million years since I've done a wear test...  I figure it was time now to do another one!  I took these photos last year, but I still remember this wear test well.  Tonight, we're going to take a look at Zoya Nyx and how amazingly it wore!  All photos in the review portion of the post are from day one, so the wear test results will start on day two!


All polishes were purchased by me.


Color:  Dusty blue with silver glitters.
Finish:  Textured – a polish designed to be worn without a topcoat and to have a rough finish once dry.  Finish is gritty and almost sand-like.
Bottle / Brush:  Tapered bottle and cap - bottle tapers from a fat top to a smaller bottom making it a little harder to hold if you hold your bottles while you paint.  The tapered cap actually makes for easier application as it's shorter than most caps, but provides enough length to help guide application without being too wide where you grip it.  The wand and brush are a little short, but they have average application.


Opacity:  High – opaque at one to two coats!
Glitter Application:  Easy – Spreads evenly without much manipulation.


Consistency:  Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.
Overall Ease of Application:  Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well without much manipulation.


Stampability:  Not tested for stamping.
Dry Time:  Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes, which is great because I wore this without a quick dry topcoat!


Overall Thoughts:  I really love the Pixie Dusts.  They're probably my favorite textured line out there.  They apply easily and wear for forever.  Nyx was the first texture I ever wore, and it lasted for four days, as you'll see below.  Dry time was quick, which is fantastic since I have a horrible time with the OPI Liquid Sands drying for me.  Plus, it's just so subtle and pretty.  I would definitely say that Nyx is probably my favorite Pixie Dust, but I do have a few others that I'm stoked to wear soon.

You can purchase Zoyas at beauty supply stores.  I purchased mine at their site.  Ok, let's take a look at the wear test now!  Let me just apologize now for the blurriness of some of my photos.  As I started editing, I noticed that a few weren't really all that great, but there's not much I can do about it now.  Oops!  As always, click on the photos to see them in greater detail.

Items Used for Wear Test: 
  • 1 thin coat of Duri Rejuvacote

Day Two

As you can see, there is a bit of tip wear on my ring finger and thumb, but otherwise, everything is still going strong.






Day Three

There are a few more bits of tip wear now on my middle finger, but the tip wear from day two didn't get any worse.






Day Four

Sadly, this was the last day I was able to wear this mani.  However, the mani change was necessitated by a gnarly break on my thumb instead of any actual issues with the polish.  I wish I could've worn it longer, but I was also getting a bit bored with having the same mani on for so long.





I'm almost certain I could've worn Nyx for another three days with minimal wear, which is amazing since I wasn't wearing a topcoat.  I'll definitely have to try a wear test again with a different Pixie Dust for as long as I can without getting bored.  How long have you been able to wear your Pixie Dusts?

All polishes were purchased by me.

1 comment:

  1. I was only able to wear mine for a few days. I get way too antsy to change it up. Nyx was the only one I purchased; it was the only one I absolutely loved. I might purchase another and do an accent nail to make the mani more interesting to wear it longer. But she held up perfectly for the time I did wear her! Their formulas are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete