Monday, December 29, 2014

Neons and Neutrals

Week two of back to blogging, and I'm determined to keep it up!  Today's post is all about dichotomy - brights and neutrals coming together into one perfect manicure.  For today's mani, I used Enchanted Polish Afternoon Delight topped with a Lynnderella twinset - 7 Minutes in Heaven and Girl-Boy Party.




Afternoon Delight is a lovely nude linear holographic with a substantial blue shimmer.  Application was flawless without any need for cleanup.  I used two medium coats for full opacity.


I then topped AD with a layer of Girl-Boy Party.  GBP is a clear based polish packed with red, purple, pink, and blue glitters in hexes, squares, diamonds, blossoms, and bars.  It varies slightly from its sister Boy-Girl Party in that it has more shapes as well as more pink.  Like most Lynnderellas, this one was definitely heavy on glitter and light on base.  The glitter comes out of the bottle easily enough, but you will need to use the dab method in order to spread the glitters evenly across the nail.  It's also a very topcoat hungry polish, so even without the additional coat of glitter, I would have needed an extra coat of topcoat to calm all of those glitters down.


Lastly, I topped the whole thing with 7 Minutes in Heaven.  7MIH is a clear based polish packed with blue shimmer and neon matte glitters in hexes, squares, and bars.  Unlike GBP, 7MIH isn't quite as dense, which means that you do have to do a little more digging to get the glitter out.  The shimmered base also gives it a bit of a frosty look, but it wasn't too bad with the shimmer already in the base of AD.  I used one coat with a normal paint motion in order to get a little bit of a more sparse look so it wouldn't overwhelm the mani.  Because it's a little runnier, there was need to do a bit of cleanup from where the polish slid onto my skin from the nail.


I really loved how this came out.  The neutral base really makes the colored glitters pop, and the look is just perfection.  Unfortunately, all three of these are unavailable, but you can often find them up on blog sales.  Otherwise, you can purchase Lynnderellas here and here, and you can purchase EPs here.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is a fun combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would've thought to put neutrals under brights, but some of my friends suggested it for a different glitter bomb and it stuck with me. :D

      Delete
  2. This is super pretty! I love all the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Love this combo! And the glitters are just so pretty!

      Delete
  3. Ooh la la! I might have to ask nicely to borrow these Lynns sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can def borrow GBP, but I sold 7MIH >< Oops, lol!

      Delete