Thursday, February 7, 2013

Comparison Thursday: the Pale Greens

A few housekeeping notes, then we can get to the comparison.  First, I'm selling some polishes from my stash to clear out room as well as try to make some of my money back.  You know, so I can buy more polishes.  


Anyway, information for my sale is located in my blog sale tab up above, or by clicky clicky this link.  Also, don't forget about the meeeeeeeeeeeellion giveaways going on around here.  Here's a cheat sheet:

Share the Love! There are like 23 prizes.  This giveaway is massive.

1000 GFC Followers!  Only 8 away!!

Untried Parade!  Show me those digits!

Reader of the Month!  (This is an older post, but it has the rules...)

So yeah.  Free stuff!  Also, what do you think about the new blog look?  Is it still readable?  Do you like the background?  I'm really excited about it, but I still want your input!

Tonight, we're going to take a look at three pale greens I have from my collection.  They aren't exact dupes, but they're close enough that I don't necessarily think you truly need all three.  The three polishes I've got for you tonight are OPI Who the Shrek are You?, Almost Paradise, and Navigate Her.


Each one of these greens could be a great addition to your stash for different reasons.  Honestly, they kind of look pretty awesome as an ombre here, which is why I don't have any of them up for sale right now.  What can I say, I'm greedy!


Who the Shrek are You is a bright, vivid, grass green.  It really is the same shade as Shrek.  They really nailed it, unlike some of the other colors in this collection that don't really make sense.  For example, what's so purple about a Donkey?  Oh, OPI.  You and your silly names never cease to amaze me.  Application was a bit tricky for the first two coats, but evened out on the third.  Please excuse the bubbles from my topcoat and the bit of polish on my cuticle that I didn't notice until I was editing the pictures...  Womp Womp.  As far as the greens go, this is probably my least favorite of the three.  It doesn't really look all that great with my skin tone.


Navigate Her is a dusty green creme that applied easily in three coats.  It's the perfect color for wearing under several of my glitter polishes.  There's not a whole lot to be said about Navigate Her.  It's a pretty creme but not anything super unique.


Almost Paradise is a really pretty pastel green that leans a little yellow.  AP has a thicker application, but it went on well without pooling or clumping.  Two coats were great, but I added a third for the photos.  I think this is the perfect green for spring.


And one more last look at them all together.


Unfortunately, Who the Shrek are You has been discontinued, but you can often find it at salons and on blog sales.  Navigate Her can be purchased where Essie's are sold, but Navigate Her isn't a part of the core line so you may have to look for it at Ulta or salons.  Lastly, Almost Paradise was a limited edition polish that was sold on QVC this past summer.

Which is your favorite of the three?  Should I keep them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment