Monday, February 25, 2013

Muse!!!

Tonight I'm going to the Muse concert in Orlando!!!!  I'm sooooo beyond excited.  To celebrate, I decided to try a little nail art.  I settled on doing gradients as base colors, then taping them off to do a peekaboo styled mani with the gradients popping through the black.  I also decided to attempt to recreate the album art for Muse's last album, the Second Law, on my accent nail.  It may come as a surprise, but I've never done a legitimate gradient, so I used this tutorial from Lissa's Polish Addiction.  I think that came out well.  Here is my first step.



Here are macros of the gradients.




Next, I taped off my mani using some striping tape.

Yeah, I may've been over ambitious with the taping...
Then, I topped the gradients with Wet 'n Wild Black Out.


Next, I removed the tape.

Once the polish is tacky, you can push down the parts that are sticking up, and take a  manicure stick and clear off the bits that fell back into the gradient parts.

Here they are without any topcoat.


Next, I applied a topcoat and did the album art on my accent nail.  


Here's the album cover for your reference.


It's not 100% accurate, but I think it looks pretty good.


Here's another shot of the final product!


I used polishes from Color Club, OPI, Kiss Nail Art, and Sally Hansen to create this look.  I decided to split it up into two nights work, so that I wouldn't spend too much time at once, which worked out pretty well.  I'm so super excited about this concert!!!  I'll be adding photos all night with my Instagram, so if you aren't a follower, you can find me here.  I'm set as private, but I will add you if you request.

Have you ever done a striping tape mani?  What about an album art mani?

6 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks great! Enjoy Muse tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nails are very pretty. Enjoy Muse:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are jealous! We're they amazing? Love the nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were *so* amazing!!!! I'll try to post a couple pictures on my facebook page this week. :)

      Delete