Friday, May 23, 2014

Comparison Friday: Blue and Green Glitters

What what what is this?!  A blog post from little old me?  And a comparison no less!  The world MUST be coming to an end!  Hahah!  So, this past month and a half (almost 2 months), I've been without any contract work.  I've been working on a pro bono case some, but mainly I've been busting my hump on Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquers.  One would think that sitting at home all day would make it easy for me to blog more often, or at least to set up blog posts to auto-post, but apparently not.  And now that I have a gig again, I'm blogging again - even after working a 10 hour billable day and getting almost all of the outstanding BEGL orders packaged, weighed, and labeled!  I think it's an understatement when I say that I am pretty pooped.  I hate getting off a normal sleep schedule, so me staying up until 4 am some mornings this past month really hasn't helped much these past few days when I've had to be up early.  Bah!  Anyway, enough about me, let's get to the good stuff!  Tonight's post is an old one, as is evidenced by my old lighting setup and long-for-me nails (I've been rocking shorties and nubs for the past year, oy!).  This will be a short but sweet post, so hold on to your butts!


All polishes in tonight's post were purchased by me.

Tonight, I'm going to show you two blue and green glitters that, from the bottle, I thought would look a little bit closer on the nail.  I was definitely wrong.  Let's take a look at Pretty & Polished Beach Bum and Sonoma Nail Art 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.



As you can see, they are both clear glitter toppers with predominantly green and blue glitters.  Neither are designed to be worn in layers without undies, so they are both definitely toppers.  All photos show one coat of each over Ozatic 517 in artificial light.


As you can see on the nail, however, Beach Bum has more green than blue and 20,000 Leagues has more blue than green.  Beach Bum also has a few gold glitters, while 20,000 Leagues has some white added in for good measure.


Beach Bum has more larger sized glitters than 20,000 Leagues, which has many more micro-glitters floating around in the mix.  


Also, the bases in these two were starkly different.  Beach Bum has a super super slight green tint from the glitters, which obscures the holo in the undies a little more than 20,000 Leagues.  It is also denser with more glitters in the base than 20,000 Leagues.  The base in 20,000 Leagues is crystal clear.  However, the base to glitter ratio is waaaaay more in favor of base to glitter.  If you're not careful, you'll get pooling if you try to get too much glitter on the brush.  As you can see, there aren't very many glitters on my nail, which was a bummer.



You can purchase Pretty & Polished polishes at her store here.  Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and IG.  You can purchase Sonoma Nail Art at her store.  Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and IG for news and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment