Monday, October 8, 2012

Game-Day Nails: Vanderbilt and Florida Atlantic

Well, despite our seriously lackluster performance on Saturday, I still love my Dawgs.  I'm shocked that we're still in the top 25, much less ranked number 11.  That, ladies and sirs, is insane.  Anyway, I'm so far behind on my game-day nails that I have 2 of them for you today.  I didn't take pics of my nails from the South Carolina game since I kinda smudged them all up, which is a total shame because I had on OPI La Boheme.  I hate being in a rush when I paint my nails.  Ugh!

UGA v. Vanderbilt

I wore a franken that I made for the Vandy game.  I'm not a huge fan of it.  It's a ruby based polish with large black hexes, fine black hexes, red hexes, and holographic silver hexes.  I added way too many fine black hexes for my liking.  If anyone likes this polish and wants it, it's yours for the taking.  Just shoot me an email, lol.

Hunker Down Hairy Dawg! 

Macro shot of the bottle - it has promise...

See, too many fine black glitters.  Just too busy.

I love the holo silver hexes, but I definitely would take out 3/4 of the small black hexes.

UGA v. Florida Atlantic

This mani was one of my favorites!  I'm not very great at nail art, but I thought I would try the braided/fishtail trend that's been gaining popularity lately.  I used this tutorial:



The three polishes I chose to use were China Glaze TMI, Nfu Oh 61, and OPI My Private Jet.



Holy holographic!!!  I couldn't stop staring at my nails the entire day.  I even had guy friends compliment them!  Seriously one of my favorite game-day manis to date.  I think I could do a better job the next time I try a fishtail mani, as it takes a little bit of practice to get it down right.  



Check out a closeup in the sunshine.  I seriously love holo polishes!


Don't forget about my Halloween giveaway!  Check it out here!  Also, I'm looking forward to announcing another massive giveaway that I'm going to take part in with another blogger.  Stay tuned for that announcement, too!  I just love Halloween!!

Have you ever done a fishtail mani?  I'd love to see your pics on my Facebook page!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to try it again. Maybe with fall colors for Thanksgiving?

      Delete
  2. I like the holo fishtail mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love this! I love holo polishes, but my hands aren't super steady enough to pull this off...maybe. I'll have to try it now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little difficult, but I think it'll get easier with practice. Definitely give it a shot! I'd love to see a picture of it on my FB page if you decide to try it.

      Delete