Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Candeo Oceania

PHEW!  I've spent the past three weeks working on my blog sale, which I've finally put up!  You can check out my goods here.  I just typed "check out my goodies here," but decided that sounded a bit...  Wrong.  Anyway, I'd love for you guys to buy my stuff so I can purchase more polish-making supplies and a new polish desk for my new house!

I also decided that I was mad at my nails tonight and chopped them all off down to the meat.  There were two with really bad breaks and several others with severely weak spots, so I thought it would be a great idea to just chop them down to try and get rid of the weak spots.  I'm sure I haven't gotten rid of them all, but I think I got at least most of them.  But yeah, my nail meat is really sore.  As such, you won't be seeing my super-nubs very much until they grow out a little.  Luckily, I've been taking swatch shots like a fiend, so I've got tons of pics to tide me over.  I may take this opportunity to re-wear some of my favorite polishes that won't need to be photographed!


Anyway, tonight we're going to take a look at Candeo Oceania.


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color: Clear base with matte lavender, aqua, teal, and white hex glitters.  (Layered over OPI Parlez Vous OPI)
Finish: Glitter Top Coat – glitter in a clear base to be worn as a top coat.
Bottle / Brush: Round bottle brush – standard width and length.  Easy to control and manipulate.  Longer cap than normal polishes in the round bottle, making application easy.


Opacity: Glitter topcoat – not designed for full opacity.
Glitter Application: Hard – difficult to dig the glitters out of the bottle, spreads well with the dab method, but pools at the cuticles and bubbles when dry.
Consistency: Super thin – runny and floods the cuticles easily.  The base-to-glitter ratio is off.  You need to do two thin coats to achieve the look I have here.  Otherwise, the polish will bulge and run into your cuticles.


Overall Ease of Application: Difficult – applies with some pooling.  Spreads well with thin coats.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: Oceania is a pretty glitter, but nothing too unique.  As I said above, the base-to-glitter ratio is more in favor of base than glitter.  Two thin coats will give you the same look as most glitters with one coat.  If you try to get all of the glitter you want on the brush, you'll end up with a bulge that dries leaning on one side of your nail, and that just isn't pretty.  Also, you'll run the risk of smudging because it takes so long to dry.  While I think this is a pretty polish, it just wasn't my thing.  I love glitters, but I prefer them to be in a colored base.  I'm not too picky if it's a creme or jelly, either, but I'm just not into glitter topcoats like I used to be.

You can purchase Candeo at their store and Llarowe.  Also, follow them on Facebook for news and updates.

Do you like glitter toppers?

2 comments:

  1. You picked a super cute combo, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this would look much better in a colored base.

    ReplyDelete