Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dollish Polish Dark Elf

This is going to be a quick post as I'm working diligently on updating my blog sale!  I am hoping to have it up tonight, so check back tomorrow.


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color: Pink base with pink, purple, and orange fine glitters.
Finish: Glitter Jelly – glitter in a colored jelly base.
Bottle / Brush: Tall skinny round bottle with average brush – long cap with standard size wand.  Some of these brushes come bent.  Average application with standard non-bent brush.  Picks up glitter decently, but it isn’t the best.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.  Probably best over undies.  I have it layered over itself in my swatch shots.
Glitter Application: Medium – requires the dab method, but spreads evenly.
Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.


Overall Ease of Application: Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well with the dab method.  Doesn't shrink or pull back.  Doesn't thicken like many other glitter bombs.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: Dark Elf is one of those polishes that makes you realize why you love indie polish.  It spreads well, isn't too gritty, isn't topcoat hungry, and sparkles like mad.  If you love OPI's Absolutely Alice, in my opinion, Dark Elf is the pink version of AA.  It applies well using the dab method without much trouble.  The only bad part is removal.  Since it's such a densely packed glitter, you'll either need to use some felt or the foil method for removal.

You can purchase Dollish Polish at Dolly's store and on Llarowe.  Follow Dolly on Facebook and Twitter for news and updates.

What's your most sparkly polish?

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! Hmmm, I think my most sparkly polish would be Mod Lacquer Star Seeds, but I can't be sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute polish! I don't know what my most sparkly is - I have so many sparkly glitters!

    ReplyDelete