Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Nail Art: Wintry Christmas Tree Scene

Well, for some reason, my internet is working tonight.  It's like there's no rhyme or reason for when it chooses to work, but I won't complain.  Just a few little housekeeping issues to discuss before we can get to the good stuff.  Firstly, you'll probably notice that I have been changing my watermark a bit.  I don't think that my photos are great enough to be stolen by anyone, but I'm trying to make sure I'll be covered (for the most part) in case that does happen.  Secondly, I'm hoping to start doing more in depth reviews.  I usually do a more cursory overview, but I think I need to be more detailed.  What kinds of things do you think I should definitely include?  As an example, I'm thinking of adding in a photo of the bottle with the brush and a little blurb about the brush shape and ease of use.  Let me know in the comments what else you'd like to see in my reviews.


Tonight, I'm going to show you a look I was sporting a few weeks ago.  My left hand was a winter Christmas scene, and I tried to make my right hand more Hanukkah-y.  I celebrate Christmas, so I wasn't really sure what to do for Hanukkah nail art that would make sense but also not be too contrite.  I hope you like my feeble attempt!  I like how this mani came out.  Here are the eight million polishes I used for this manicure.

Bottom row: Kiss White, Sonnetarium Snowfall, GB 8 Crazy Nights, CC Gift of Sparkle, Dollish Space the Final Frontier, Dollish You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out, GB Eggnogaholic, Essie Blue Rhapsody
Top row: CG Riveting, CC Berry & Bright, SH Jumping Jade, GB Banana Hammock, and CG Spontaneous
On my left hand, I used Color Club Gift of Sparkle on four of my nails and Dollish Polish Space, the Final Frontier as my accent nail base color.  I haven't done a full mani with Space, so I can't really comment much about its application.  I can say that it's a black jelly with blue micro shimmers that tint the polish navy blue when it's by itself.  I topped Space with Sonnetarium Snowfall, which is a clear based polish with three sizes of white hexes and iridescent hexes.  Snowfall is a bit goopy, so you'll definitely need the dab method to make sure it spreads evenly. I then used Essie Blue Rhapsody, Kiss White, and Kiss Silver Glitter for the snowflakes.  I added a snow bank on my ring finger with Girly Bits Eggnogaholic, topped it with Sally Hansen Jumping Jade as a tree, and ornaments and lights with Girly Bits Banana Hammock, China Glaze Riveting and Spontaneous, and Color Club Berry & Bright.






On my right hand, I again used Gift of Sparkle and Space as the base colors.  I topped my thumb, ring, and pinkie fingers with Girly Bits Eight Crazy Nights.  I used Dollish Polish You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out, Kid on my middle finger over Space.  I then drew snowflakes on my pointer finger with Kiss White and Silver Glitter.



I'm not the artistic type, really, so I was quite pleased by this design.  You can purchase Girly Bits at her store, Llarowe, Overall Beauty, Harlow & Co, and Mei Mei's Signatures.  You can purchase Dollish Polish at her store, Llarowe, and Overall Beauty.  You can purchase Sonnetarium at her store.  I purchased the Color Club Winter Affair polishes and the China Glazes at Sally's Beauty Supply.  Lastly, I purchased the Kiss nail art polishes at Kroger.

What type of information are you most interested in when you read a polish review?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!! These look awesome!! I just had surgery yesterday, so I'll be home recuperating for a week....still wondering what I'll end up doing to my nails, now that I'll have some extra time to do them. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I hope you feel better soon! I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete
    2. Aww! I hope you feel better soon! I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete