Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I thought I'd post a special St. Patrick's Day mani since I've been horrible about posting my holiday manicures. I'm planning to do a massive post soon with my Christmas and Valentine's Day manis that I've neglected to show you guys. 


For my St. Patrick's Day manicure, I used a boatload of polishes to try my hand for a second time at a dotticure and, for my accent nail, what I like to call a glitter swoosh.  For this look I used the following polishes: 


Elevation Tindur, Elevation Mount Yu, China Glaze Keep Calm and Paint On, China Glaze Winter Holly, Picture Polish Pshiiit, Lynnderella Funny Money, OPI Thanks a Windmillion, Sinful Colors Mint Apple, and OPI Don't Mess with OPI. 

First, I did a normal manicure using Picture Perfect Pshiiit, which will receive it's own review later. 


Next, I added my Winter Holly and Funny Money swoosh. I call it a swoosh because it's a streak that starts thick at the bottom and tapers as it moves towards the tip, kind of like the Nike swoosh. 


Finally, I used the other green cremes/shimmers to create my dots. 

Ugh, stupid topcoat smearing!

I wasn't sure how I'd like it as it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. It's growing on me, though. You can get Elevation polishes here, China Glazes at beauty supply stores, Sinful Colors at Walgreens, OPI at Ulta and salons, Lynnderellas at her store here, and Picture Polishes at Llarowe (as well as a few other etailers).




Did you do a St. Patrick's Day mani? Share them on my Facebook page or tag me in a tweet or IG post @blueeyedlawyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment