Friday, March 1, 2013

Lynnderella Once in a Blue Rune

I apologize for the sporadic posting this past week.  After vacation, I had so much work to catch up on that I've been pretty much doing stuff just for work all week.  In fact, I've got to work most of the weekend, but I'm taking time off tomorrow since it's the hub's 30th birthday!  Anyway, I apologize in advance if my posts are brief or if I run out of time in the day to get something up on the blog.  My current project, which I am managing (ugh), will be over in 2 weeks, so I should be back on a normal schedule after that.  Oh, and don't forget to vote on the Untried Parade!  Only 25.5 more hours!  And and and!  I'm soooooo behind getting everything up to date for the reader of the month, but I should (read hope to) be able to announce a winner for both on Sunday or Monday.  I appreciate your patience, everyone!

Tonight, I'm going to show you guys Lynnderella Once in a Blue Rune, a bright blue jelly with matching blue glitters, over Indigo Bananas Klein Trink Wasser (the review can be read here).  I don't have too much time tonight, so I'll make this quick.



Color: Blue jelly packed with blue metallic and holo glitters of various sizes and shapes.


Finish: Glitter Jelly – glitter in a colored jelly base.


Bottle / Brush: Rectangle bottle brush – ribbed cap that is a little hard on the hands to open if you have sensitive skin.  The wand is the standard length, but the brush is a little too thin to pick up large / shaped glitter without fishing.  The brush's width is also an issue for spreading.  It doesn't fan out and pretty much requires you to dab polishes that are densely packed with glitter.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.  Here, however, I used it over two coats of undies.


Glitter Application: Medium – requires the dab method, but spreads evenly.
Consistency: Thick – thick or it can be clumpy, but is easily remedied with some polish thinner.


Overall Ease of Application: Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well manipulation.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping.

Blurry to see the holo.

Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: This polish is stunning.  Drama aside, Once in a Blue Rune is so worth the price.  It's such a vivid bright blue, which is my favorite color, so it's seriously jumped up to one of my favorite polishes.  The only bad thing about this polish, which is the same for several of the Lynnderellas I own, is that it's got so much glitter that the base is kind of goopy.  I wouldn't say that it's clumpy like what happens to Seche Vite or Rejuvacote when they get old, but it's not really fluid.  When you get the glitter on the brush, the glitter to base ratio is such that it's impossible to spread unless you use the dab method.  The drawback to the dab method, especially with Lynnderellas, is that the polish builds up pretty thickly and threatens to flake off in sheets more quickly than not.  To be honest, though, I love this polish so much that none of that really matters to me.  I mean, look at it.  It is sincerely stunning!  However, if the dab method drives you bonkers, you probably won't like this polish.


Once in a Blue Rune is a regular line polish, and you can purchase it and other Lynnderella polishes on her eBay store here.  You can follow news on Lynnderella polishes at her website as well as at the Love Lynnderella Facebook page.

Do you have a polish that is difficult to apply, but you over look it because you love the polish so much?

1 comment: