Monday, November 19, 2012

Black Tie Optional

Tonight's post will be short.  I hate doing short posts, but I feel bad skipping a post, too.  I guess a short post is the lesser of two evils?  As I mentioned before, I'm not painting my nails as often as normal right now because I'm testing out a new treatment, which requires you to leave the treatment on for 7 days with a fresh coat every day.  I was able to keep the same color of polish on for 4 days before they started chipping and flaking off in sheets.  I think that the additional coats are making it so thick that it's chipping and flaking pretty easily.  I am skeptical that you need to apply a fresh coat every day, but I'm going to follow the instructions to the letter for now to see how it works.  So far, it seems to be working pretty well.  I can tell a noticeable difference in length and strength, which is saying something because my nails grow at a snail's pace.  I'm going to track my progress every week for the next four weeks, and I'll do one big post with the outcome and my review sometime in December.  I didn't want to wear paint this week, but I have had so much to do and hate having nekkid nails.  I've already done my Thanksgiving mani, which I'll show you guys on Thursday!

Anyway, tonight I have OPI Black Tie Optional for your viewing pleasure.  I found BTO during a dusty hunt, and I snapped it up immediately.  Unfortunately, this guy has been long discontinued.  BTO is a vampy purple multichrome polish that flashes gold and green depending on the light.  It applies really well like most OPI black labels, but it also smelled pretty bad.  The multichrome shows up as well on the nail as it does in the bottle, which, I feel, is atypical for most multichromes.  I tend to feel let down after realizing the bottle is so much prettier than my manicure.  BTO did not disappoint!  This is three coats.










Like I said before, Black Tie Optional is a discontinued shade, so you'll only be able to find it where really old polishes are sold (like at salons).  I love it and think it's well worth the hunt if you decide you want to dusty for it.

Do you have any duochromes or multichromes that show up just as well on the nail as in the bottle?

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I do have it on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour, can't wait to see what this treatment your talking about is like!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many amazing things about Rejuvacote, so I'm excited to see what it does to my uber brittle nails.

      Delete
  3. oo love this. hits mari moon are awesome multichromes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any of those, but there are a few on my wishlist! :D

      Delete