Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Expectooooooo Patronum!!!!!!!!!!!

The nails are still on the mend.  Super short.  Super sad.  I'm dousing them with cuticle cream constantly and applying my Rejuvacote based on the box's instructions.  I am a little skeptical about the whole "apply one coat every day" instruction.  Loodie makes a very good point here.  (By the way, if you have any questions about nails, how they work, or what they're made of, Loodie is a genious, and you should definitely check out her blog!)  I added the extra coats last week and my nails grew crazy fast - before they started tearing on the edges.  The past few days, I decided not to add the extra coats, and so far, it's been 4 days and they aren't showing much progress.  I'm going to go back to adding the extra coats tonight.  Also, I found more bottles of Rejuvacote at my Bed Bath and Beyond for $9!  I'm so glad I found them close by so I wouldn't have to pay shipping.  I hate shipping costs.  Always.

Tonight, we're going to take a look at Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum.  It was one of my first Dollish lemmings, and I was so glad when I snagged it!


Expecto Patronum is a milky white based polish with two sizes of teal holographic glitters and orange/green flakies.


This is three coats with 1 coat of top coat.  It needed a little thinning to get the right consistency, but after it applied well.  I was much luckier this time in getting the flakies than the last time I wore it because they're a little hard to get out of the bottle.  It dried smoothly and only required one coat of top coat.  This was one of the first white creme polishes that I actually liked on me.  I think the teal lends itself well to ghostlike whiteness.


Here's a sort of blurry closeup so you can see the flakies.


Expecto Patronum is currently available in the little gift pails on Dollish's site right now.  It will also be available in her restock next Wednesday, the 5th.  You can purchase her polishes at her store, Llarowe, and Overall Beauty.  Stay in the know by following her blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

Do you have any Harry Potter themed polishes that you adore?

2 comments:

  1. For rejuvacoat for me, I just use it as a base coat and I usually remove the old coat before applying fresh each day... I ignore what the box says :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Expecto patronum too, its amazing! i need to wear it again :)

    ReplyDelete