Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oldie but Goodie: Nfu Oh 61 and 62

Wearing the same polish for longer than a day is so BORING.  Am I alone in this?  Ugh!  Luckily, I'll be changing my polish tomorrow for Comparison Thursday, which will be light purple cremes (i.e. Rumples Wiggin, Done out in Deco, and the like).  Until then, I've been in the same polish for two days.  It's very dull.  I do have a few recent swatch photos that need editing, but I'm saving those for later.  I'll soon be nekkid nails for a week or so as I'll be getting a new treatment to try out later this week (thanks to a swap from a lovely lady!).  I'll definitely make sure to show you guys how they look before and after to see if this stuff really works.  Tons of people I know swear by it, and you can see its handy work over at the Polish Monster whose nails are looking long and luxurious these days!  Anyway, that's for next week.  For now, let's take a look at a few old holos!

First and foremost, let me take a moment to discuss my skin in these photos.  It's awful.  Unfortunately, I have pretty bad eczema that flares worst during allergy season.  Almost nothing helps with the cracking and flaking when it's in full on flare mode.  It's not enjoyable in the slightest, but I'm glad that it only flares twice a year.  I really liked this polish combination, so I took pictures despite the horrible skin.  If you have skin that looks like this, and you weren't sure what was wrong, you're not dying (or rotting as I like to call it).  It may just be eczema, which can be prevented with a steroid cream at the first signs of flare-up or by lathering yourself in lotion CONSTANTLY.


Go to a dermatologist to have it checked out as there may be a simple solution to fix it!  ANYWAY, back on topic.  Try to ignore the terrible skin up in here, if you will, and take a gander at these gorgeous polishes!  Nfu Oh is a brand that I had never heard of before this year as it isn't sold in stores near me.  In fact, I'm not really sure if they sell them at brick and mortar stores in the US, as I purchased mine at Fabuloustreet.  I found out about this brand when I was searching for a comparable duplicate to the hugely sought-after China Glaze OMG.  They had also been sold out for a long time, so when I saw they were on sale, I pounced!  Nfu Oh 61 is a silver linear holographic polish and 62 is a nude-ish pink linear holo.  Unfortunately, you pretty much have to use their Aqua base or they will clump, wrinkle, and drag.  The application is terrible on both.  You really need to move quickly to have any hope of a decent end product.  I decided to top off my accent nail with a tape mani technique of China Glaze Liquid Leather and the gorgeous holo glitter topper China Glaze Fairy Dust.  The lobster had photos are shot with my super vivid setting to show the rainbow best.  The others are shot with normal photo settings.  Just look at that rainbow!  The terrible application is worth the end result, so be patient if you decide to purchase these guys.







Check out the intentional blur here for the gorgeous holoness of Fairy Dust!


What do you think?  Do you like the tape mani art?  I was pretty pleased with this mani, but the wear time wasn't that awesome on my non-accent nails.  I topped the rest off with the lightening bolt later in the week once the tip wear got on my nerves.  Like I mentioned before, I purchased the Nfu Ohs at Fabuloustreet.  You can purchase both China Glazes at Sally's, Ulta, or where other China Glaze polishes are sold.  Neither are discontinued.

Which of your polishes has the worst application?

8 comments:

  1. some of my cheapo polishes have really bad application - bubbles and all. gahhh you make me want the Nfu Oh! haha <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You should totally get some! I've really liked all of the ones I've had. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are stunning. Don't worry about your skin its not what everyones going to be looking at :) I didn't even notice anything :)

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! <3 These pics were a few weeks before I was officially diagnosed, so I wasn't sure how to fix the issue. Now, I'm an eczema attacking MACHINE! xD

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done, as always. :0) I was like Glitter, I didn't notice anything with your skin either and I even went back and looked again. ;<) When someone has something wrong physically, whether it be like you with the eczema or like me with my back, we always feel like we need to apologize to people when it flares up or becomes more noticable, but a majority of the time, the apology really isn't needed, it's more for our own comfort than any one elses. Have you ever noticed that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 Too true, though. I thought this may be a good opportunity to show what eczema looks like in case there are others that don't know what it is that's all over their hands. It's just the peeling on my pinky finger was killing me, and I couldn't help but point it out, lmao! ;) Besides, I don't want any snarky remarks about needing to use cuticle oil. There's not enough cuticle oil in the world to help that mess, rofl!

      Delete