Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just Spotted the Lizzard

My contract gig is pretty cool in that I don't have to do anything other than read people's emails and other documents saved on their computers all day to determine whether they are responsive to requests for production from the opposing party in a lawsuit.  I've been doing contract work like this for quite some time, but I only recently discovered that I can listen to an audio book and work at the same time!  Honestly, I do have to stop my book once in a while to make sure I am completely focused on a tricky document, but usually, it's not an issue.

I had been subscribed to Amazon's audio book service Audible, but I was listening to so many books in one month that it just wasn't worth the price for me.  Instead, I switched over to Audiobooks.com, which has an unlimited streaming option.  Basically, you pay $24 for unlimited streaming of any book in their repertoire.  When I'm working, I don't really like to listen to anything that's too academic because then I wouldn't be able to focus on my work.  I try to listen to potato chip novels instead, since they're so easy to follow without using too much brain power.  The term potato chip novel came from my 12th grade English teacher and is used to describe those easy books that can be devoured in an afternoon.  I always liked that description, so I still use it.  Some may think potato chip novels are a waste of time and energy, especially those people I went to college with...  Having a literature degree has its perks, but sometimes it gets annoying, lol.  Anyway, I'm currently listening to the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong.  It's pretty good if you like fantasy and supernatural stories.  Nice and light with some pretty good humor.  Anyway, that's just what I've been up to the past few weeks.  Do you use an audio book service?

Today, I'm going to show you OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, which comes from their Spiderman collection released earlier this year.  You may luck out and still be able to find these shades at salons, Ulta, or even Kroger (a grocery store in the south).


Just Spotted the Lizard is a green chrome that flashes gold, teal, and sometimes purple at a certain angle.  Allegedly, it's a dupe of the famous Chanel Peridot.  Since, back then, I wasn't really into polish as hard core as I am now, I don't own Peridot and can't compare the two.  I probably never will, either.  I was interested in Just Spotted the Lizard because of its similarity to Peridot simply because it's my birthstone!  I have tons of Peridot jewelry, so of course I needed Peridot nails, am I right?!


Just Spotted the Lizard applied fairly evenly, but you can still see some brush strokes.  The other colors flash more in the bottle than on the nail, which always disappoints me.  Here, I've tried hard to capture the gold and the green.  The other colors didn't cooperate with my camera.


I wasn't sure if I would like Just Spotted the Lizard because I don't usually do gold tones.  It just doesn't really look right with my pink-toned skin.  Once I had it on, though, I was pleasantly surprised with it.  I know that several other companies have a polish just like this since everyone is trying to jump on Peridot's popularity bandwagon.  I chose Just Spotted the Lizard because, not only was it the easiest for me to obtain, but I also love OPI polishes.  They last the longest on my fingers than any other brand.  So, I chose this Peridot dupe out of brand loyalty.  I'm a bit of an OPI fan girl and have been since I was in high school (going on 13 years!).

What's your favorite brand of mainstream polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment